Tuesday, August 21, 2018

You Are All So Lucky!

Good Afternoon!

Yesterday and today I had the great pleasure of listening to some of your kids do initial reading assessments with their teachers.  I listened to the sweetest little first grader read to Mrs. Leonard and as she was scoring the assessment, he, in the cutest voice ever, asked if she had gotten any new books this year!  He was excited to check them out!  I saw Ms. Bolinski sprint out of a classroom to embrace a student she had not seen all summer~and the student embraced her right back.  I had the distinct pleasure of seeing Mr. McConville, a middle school science and STEM teacher, giving a reading assessment.  How powerful is that?  A science teacher (and a social studies teacher, and a math teacher, and a writing teacher) getting to know students as readers.   Out of the corner of my eye, I saw another teacher with a student who was a bit hesitant to enter a new room with a new teacher.  The way this teacher, so very gently, walked the student into the new teacher's room, introduced her to her new teacher, and helped her feel more comfortable, was genuinely steeped in care and concern for this student.  I met parents who shook my hand, looked me in the eye, smiled at me and said, "I am so glad you are here" and "Welcome to our great little school!" 

Stone Bank School was ALIVE yesterday and today!  Lots of smiling, happy kids and equally excited teachers, all coming together to get to know learners and where they are as readers, from the very start, was so incredible to see.  I've been an educator for over 20 years now and believe me when I tell you that you are all so very, very fortunate to be able to entrust your children in the hands of these extremely competent and caring educators!

Leaving the classroom this year has not been an easy transition and yet today, as the school quiets down and I have a minute to reflect, I firmly believe that Stone Bank is the perfect place for me to be right now~amongst one of the most caring and competent staffs I have ever had the pleasure of getting to know.

Thanks for welcoming me into your community because already, I feel like family.

Enjoy every last bit of summer!

Sincerely,
Beth Wartzenluft






2 comments:

  1. Great stories! It was nice to see the kids and families again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stories! It was great to see the kids and families again!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Grow Together on May 30th!

Someone told me this week that we have 14 days of school left and I just about fell over.  14 days?  That's it?   And then I sat bac...