Monday, August 6, 2018

Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the Stone Bank Curriculum Corner!

For those of you who do not know me already, my name is Beth Wartzenluft. I am the new Curriculum Coach at Stone Bank School and I could not be more excited!  I am coming from North Shore Middle School, where I taught for five years and before that, I taught in Waukesha for 20 years.  I have a 28 year old son and daughter-in-law, a beautiful four year old grand baby, a 16 year old son who goes to Arrowhead and an 18 year old daughter who is off to the Twin Cities in Minnesota for her first year of college in the fall and yes, I am having a difficult time with that transition!  My husband Joe is a health and physical education teacher in Waukesha and we all love our beloved Maggie, a five year old St. Bernard, mastiff, lab mix.  Rounding out our crew are our assorted chickens, all named Frieda. Pictures of all are attached!

One of my goals this year is to keep families up to date with all of the great learning going on at Stone Bank.  At this point, my plan is to capture a few grade levels each week so that by the end of each month, families will get a snapshot of learning going on from 4K-8th grade.  These posts will most likely be posted on Fridays, and some weeks it may be on a Monday!  From time to time I may share a timely poem, quote, article, book recommendation or another blog that may be of interest to you.  I welcome your feedback on this blog!  Of course, you can comment right on the blog, but if you are concerned about something or would rather send me a private email, please do so at b.wartzenluft@stonebank.k12.wi.us. 

As with all human beings, I will make mistakes in this job.  I may misspell something in a post, or forget to check or uncheck some little button that may or may not allow you to view the blog post.  I am human, but know this; the decisions I make on a daily basis are always rooted in the best interest of our learners, our families, and Stone Bank School.  When I make mistakes or missteps, I will own them and then seek both forgiveness and understanding~and I will give you the same grace that you afford me.  


Check back to our new blog weekly to see what is new!  Enjoy these last few weeks of summer vacation and I look forward to meeting you all in the very near future!

Sincerely,
Beth Wartzenluft








                                             My husband Joe and Jerry, our grandson


                                               Joe, Bella and Noah at Bella's HS graduation


                                                 My oldest son, Trav, and our daughter-in-law Miranda



                                              Maggie and her new friends, the little chicks!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to Stone Bank School Mrs. Wartzenluft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole! And thanks for reading the blog! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy working at Stone Bank School. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am already enjoying my time here at this great little school! Thanks for the warm welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Grow Together on May 30th!

Someone told me this week that we have 14 days of school left and I just about fell over.  14 days?  That's it?   And then I sat bac...